With so many bags to choose from on the market, it can feel overwhelming when shopping for something as specific as a gym bag. Luckily, we’ve curated a list of some of the best gym bags on the web. A gym bag should be constructed with several compartments and pockets to help organize all of the essentials necessary for a workout. Typically this means proper space for sneakers, a change of clothes, and all the other go-to gym items.
We looked at bags that were designed with organization and preparation in mind. We tried out various styles, different fabrics, and strategic strapping. Now let’s dive into five of the best gym bags on the web.
[wpcd_coupons_loop count=5 cat=’11573′ temp=’tabledata’]
How We Picked
In order to feel ready to crush a workout or get the most out of a quick weekend trip, it’s important to feel prepared and organized. We looked at gym bags that are designed with pockets and storage to fit all the essentials, are affordable, and also aren’t going to tear or collapse after minimal use.
- Storage. We looked at bags that had a spacious main compartments for bigger items like clothes, towels, and shoes. We also chose bags that had several pockets and compartments for smaller items like a cellphone, toiletries, and more.
- Functionality. A gym bag has to function in a gym setting. This means it has to be waterproof, or at least have pockets that can withstand any water bottle spills or toiletries that may leak. We also paid attention to how bags were sealed. We looked at zipper functionality, or pockets with some elasticity to them making sure all items are kept safe and snug.
- Appearance. We found simplicity to be key here. Chances are the items in the bag itself are full of personal flare, so as long as the bag does the job of organizing everything it’s doing its job. We looked at bags that come in different colors, had various pattern options, and also included accessories like straps or detachable pockets.
- Durability. Gym bags need to be able to withstand tough conditions. They should be designed to keep all the items inside safe and secure. The outside should withstand all different temperatures and an added bonus if it’s waterproof. Gym bags often carry a lot inside of them, so the material should be durable and resistant to handle anything leaking or in anyway compromising.
- Price. We looked at bags that were made out of quality materials for an affordable price. Most of the bags we looked at were made out of polyester, but the inside materials would vary from mesh to an oxford fabric.
At BarBend we’re always looking for a gym bag that can organize our gear and get us ready for whatever the day has in store. We want a bag that is well designed with compartments that vary in sizes, and also one that is comfortable to carry. We’ve thought of some crucial tips to consider when shopping for a gym bag.
- Comfort. If a bag isn’t comfortable to hold that is almost an automatic no. Gym bags were created to help organize and ease up a trip to the gym. The bag should be something that isn’t a pain to hold and is comfortable enough to throw over your shoulder. Look for bags with adjustable straps. Often gym bags will also come with detachable straps or one big extra strap for an over-the-shoulder option.
- Sizing. Typically gym bags run bigger than a typical backpack or drawstring bag. Gym bags should have different compartments designed for various gym essentials. Look for bags that come with one main compartment (for larger items) and then several smaller pockets for different items. Some gym bags will only have three sections, one in the middle and two smaller ones on the sides, so be on the lookout for bags that have more than three and are suitable for all kinds of must haves you’re going to want at the gym.
- Material. Don’t be afraid to play around with different types of material to see which one you prefer. Gym bags come in all types of materials and fabrics and some are designed for very specific temperatures and activities. A safe bet is looking for bags made out of polyester.
Now that we’ve gone over five of the best gym bags on the web, we hope that you are feeling ready to get more organized and prepared for your workouts and travel plans. With so many bags on the market, we understand how overwhelming it can be. But, hopefully by now you’re excited to purchase one, pack it up, and hit the gym!